Penn State DEIB
This online resource is part of a holistic approach to fostering greater transparency around diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging at Penn State. This tool provides metrics for monitoring outcomes for students, faculty, and staff, with particular focus on Penn Staters from historically underrepresented or marginalized groups in our campus community.
This DEIB discussion video features President Neeli Bendaupi and Dr. Jennifer Hamer as they discuss updates Penn State has made in pursuing institutional equity.
The Restorative Justice Initiative is a group of Penn State students, faculty, staff, and community stakeholders committed to empowering and supporting system-impacted, currently and formerly incarcerated individuals through education and meaningful civic engagement.
The Center for Sexual and Gender Diversity (CSGD) provides a comprehensive range of education, information, and advocacy services to students, faculty, staff, and alumni.
The Pennsylvania State University does not tolerate hazing. If you know of a victim of hazing, or become a victim yourself, call one of these numbers:
- Penn State University Police: (814) 863-1111
- Penn State Student Accountability and Conflict Response: (814) 863-0342
- Penn State Hotline (anonymous): (800) 560-1637
The decade ahead will test the nation’s nearly 4 million nurses in new and complex ways. They are often the first and most frequent line of contact with people of all backgrounds and experiences seeking care and they represent the largest of the healthcare professions.
The Commission examines the issue of racism within nursing nationwide focusing on the impact on nurses, patients, communities, and health care systems to motivate all nurses to confront individual and systemic racism.
DEI Institutes and Organizations
- Boston Univeristy Center for Antiracist Research
- USC Race & Equity Center
- National Association of Diversity Officers in Higher Education (NADOHE)
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Justice @UConn
- Race Forward
DEI Lectures and Archival Film
- Ibram Kendi: The Difference between being not Racist and Antiracist
- Microaggressions in the Classroom
- Who We are: A Chronicle of Racism in America
DEI Related Books and Articles
- ANA Racial Reckoning Statement
- APA Apology for Racism
- AJPA article on Gender Pronouns
- Black Americans’ Views of and Engagement With Science
- On Racism: A New Standard For Publishing On Racial Health Inequities
- Inside the Fall of the CDC
- Finding Joy in Fighting Racism
- Hidden Figures of Nursing
- Dr. Kafui Dzirasa: For Black Scientists, the Sorrow Is Also Personal
- Black Americans in Nursing Education
- JAMA special DEI Issue
- A National Approach to Reducing LGBTQ+ Health Disparities
- Overdue Reckoning in Nursing Article
- Overcoming COVID-19 Vaccine Hesitancy in Minority Communities
- Penn State Nursing Magazine: 50th Anniversary Edition
- How To Support Neurodivergent BIPOC At Work
- Neurodiversity At Work | OCD, Diverse Thinkers, Autism Spectrum, Unique Learning Styles
- What is neurodiversity? — Harvard Health
- Neurodivergent — Cleveland Clinic
- Neurodiversity in the workplace: Considering neuroatypicality as a form of diversity
- Annual Research Review: Shifting from ‘normal science’ to neurodiversity in autism science — ACAMH
- Assessing the Impact of Racism on Neurodiversity based on Natural Language Processing and Artificial Intelligence