Interdisciplinary collaboration is the hallmark of our research. Faculty partner with scientists within and beyond Penn State on studies that encompass the life span. Grants from federal and private foundations (including National Institutes of Health, American Nurses Foundation, Inc, Health Resources & Services Administration, International Association of Forensic Nurses, Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation, The Regents of the University of California, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, National Institute of Justice, Pennsylvania Commission on Crime and Delinquency, ALS Association, Miami University, State of Ohio) support the work of our researchers.
The College of Nursing’s Research Office provides an organized infrastructure designed to support graduate research faculty and their interdisciplinary teams throughout the various stages of their projects, from preparing proposals and obtaining funding to disseminating results in peer-reviewed journals and at national and international conferences.
Focused Research Areas
- Cognitive Health
- Age & Dementia-Friendly Health Systems
- Palliative and End-of-life Care
- Individuals & Families Managing Life-Limiting Conditions
- Physiological & Molecular Mechanism Underlying Health and
- Sleep, mood, cognition, adolescent behavioral endocrinology
- Health and Healthcare Disparities
- College students
- Sexual/Interpersonal Violence
- Intervention and Implementation Science
- Overarching many of the above
- Nursing Education