All contact hour program requests must be received no later than 45 days prior to an event to allow time for review and feedback. Upon approval of your educational activity, you will receive a CNE Approval and Invoice via email. All programs are approved for two years.
If you are holding an educational activity and wish to offer CNE contact hours, please submit the documents below to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please refer to Preparing a Continuing Educational Activity when planning your program. This document will help to ensure that you are meeting the requirements needed for program approval.
Download Request Packet – This file includes all forms listed below, merged into one file for easier use.
To download individual forms rather than the entire packet, please use the links below.
- Reference Checklist
- Biographical and COI Form
- Contact Hour Program Request Form
- Disclosure Statements
Within two weeks post-event, you will need to submit the following documents to email@example.com processing:
Roster & Sign-In sheets
When possible, please send an Excel version of the program roster, in addition to the completed sign-in sheets. This helps with processing the program and issuing certificates in a timely manner
The event summary should include the following information:
- Activity Title
- Date(s) of the activity
- Total number of RNs in attendance
- Total number of other learners in attendance
- Total number of RNs who signed in and completed the evaluation method
- Total number of contact hours awarded to RN’s
- Summary of evaluations (do not send individual evaluation forms)
- Whether or not the program went as-expected or if changes should be incorporated into future programs to meet objectives.
Once your post-event files have been received and processed, contact hour certificates will be generated and sent to the event planner for distribution.
Note: Only RNs who complete the learning outcome measures are eligible for the contact hour certificate.