Penn State Ross and Carol Nese College of Nursing is approved with distinction as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the Pennsylvania State Nurses Association Approver Unit, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
If you are holding an educational activity and wish to offer Nursing contact hours and/or Pharmacotherapeutic contact hours, please read the following information and submit the documents below to email@example.com.
- Submit packet contents at least 45 days prior to event. This allows time for review and feedback.
- If there are questions or revisions, you will be contacted by the Outreach office for additional information.
- Upon approval of your Nursing Continuing Professional Development activity, you will receive a contact hour approval and invoice via email. All programs may be approved for two years.
Please refer to Preparing a Continuing Educational Activity when planning your program. This document will help to ensure that you are meeting the requirements needed for program approval.
The following documents must be included in your packet submission:
- Planning Form
- Program Flyer (Ross and Carol Nese College of Nursing programs only – Flyers should be approved by the Communications/Marketing team for quality control and to ensure compliance with University protocols.)
- Preview of Evaluation Tool and Program Obejctives
- CVs or Resumes for all Committee Planning Members and Speakers
- Revelant Financial Relationships Form
- Commercial Support Agreement (if applicable)
- Joint Provider Agreement (if applicable)
Download Request Packet – This file includes all forms listed above, merged into one file for easier use.
Within two weeks post-event, you will need to submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org for processing:
- Roster & Sign-In sheets
- When possible, please send an Excel version of the program roster, in addition to the completed sign-in sheets. This helps with processing the program and issuing certificates in a timely manner.
- Note: Only RNs who sign in to the program and complete the learning outcome measures are eligible for the contact hour certificate.
- Event Summary Template is a template that is available for use. You do not have to use this file, but your summary must include all information noted on the template.
Once your post-event files have been received and processed, contact hour certificates will be generated and sent to the event planner for distribution.