The FOUR PILLARS of our center’s Strategic Plan include
- Educational Excellence, by developing and implementing innovative nursing and interprofessional education in gerontology — to better prepare nurses and improve interdisciplinary approaches to care.
- Scientific Research, by supporting and conducting studies to advance science in the health and care of older adults — with an emphasis on a person-centered care model of health care delivery.
- Translation of Best Practice, by applying and disseminating evidence based clinical practices into the continuum of care for older adults, which improve clinical care and health outcomes.
- Collaborative Partnership and Sustainability, by establishing community and clinical partnerships to better implement and sustain our vision.
The CGNE Strategic Plan was updated in 2020 with the following major goals:
- To strengthen gerontological education at Penn State College of Nursing.
- To develop and implement innovative strategies to increase recruitment of gerontological graduate students.
- To increase the gerontological collaboration internally and externally – among faculty, staff, students, healthcare providers and organizations, visiting scholars, national and international organizations.
- To inform policy related to the quality of care and life for older adults on local, statewide, and national levels.
- To leverage the Age- and Dementia- Friendly, PA initiative for potential research opportunities.
- To increase visibility and understanding of our center with internal and external audiences and stakeholders.
For more information about this five-year plan, specific action steps, timeline, and other details, please contact:
CGNE Administrator and Community Liaison
or email firstname.lastname@example.org