Shirley Novosel Distinguished Nursing Alumni Award
This award was established in 1996 in memory of Shirley Leister Novosel ’79, a past president of the Penn State Nursing Alumni Affiliate Program Group (APG), who passed away in 1994. It is presented annually by the Penn State Nursing Alumni Society to recognize an alumnus/alumna who exemplifies the spirit of nursing and the Penn State Ross and Carol Nese College of Nursing’s ideals and philosophy.
• Must be a graduate of The Pennsylvania State University College of Nursing.
• Must not be a current board member or officer of the Nursing Alumni Society.
• Must demonstrate a caring, professional style and commitment to the nursing profession.
• Must currently be active in the profession.
Submit a Nomination
Nominations for the 2021 Shirley Novosel Distinguished Nursing Alumni Award are now closed.
Nomination materials must include the following in order to be considered complete:
1. Nomination Form
2. Nominee’s Resume
3. Letter of Endorsement
If you have any questions about the nomination process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2020 – Martha Dewey Bergren
- 2019 – Teresa Shellenbarger
- 2018 – Diana Morris
- 2016 – Carolyn Castor Garver
- 2015 – Virginia L. Rayburn
- 2014 – Valerie K. Sabol
- 2013 – Pamela Zenz Adamshick
- 2012 – Kathleen Mastrian
- 2011 – Donna Zazworsky
- 2010 – Carolee Polek
- 2008 – Ivy Alexander
- 2006 – Nancy Pike, Linda Siminerio
- 2005 – Elisabeth George, Gail Latimer
- 2004 – Arlene Butz
- 2002 – Deborah Preston
- 2001 – Linda Frank
- 2000 – Janet McMahon
- 1999 – Tara Stevenson Baney, Joyce Kantner
- 1998 – Sue Rokita
- 1997 – Constance Mosier