This award, established in 2018, is presented annually by the Penn State Nursing Alumni Society to an alumnus/alumna who has provided outstanding volunteer service to the Ross and Carol Nese College of Nursing. Volunteer service can be in the areas of mentoring students, board and council service, serving as a preceptor for students enrolled in any education program in the Ross and Carol Nese College of Nursing, etc.
1. Must be a graduate of The Pennsylvania State University Ross and Carol Nese College of Nursing.
2. Must have outstanding volunteer service to the Ross and Carol Nese College of Nursing.
Submit a Nomination
If you wish to submit a nomination, please complete the Nomination Form by Friday, January 20, 2023.
Nomination materials must include the following in order to be considered complete:
- Nominee name, email, graduation year, job title, business/organization
- Name and email address of a reference that could discuss the nominee’s qualifications for this award if contacted
- Rationale for the nomination in 500 words or less
- Link to nominee’s LinkedIn profile, if applicable
- Optional: Information supporting the nominee’s outstanding qualities (news articles, research articles, CV/resume, awards, etc.). This is not intended to be a letter of support.
If you would like to submit the nominee’s resume/CV and other additional supporting materials (research/news articles, additional awards, volunteer experiences, etc.) or have any questions about the nomination process, please email email@example.com.
Nomination Deadline: Friday, January 20, 2023
2022 – Wendy Forrest Edgar
2020 – Joelyn Niggel
2019 – Jennifer Sprankle