The Alumni Achievement Award, established in 2021, will be presented annually by the Penn State Nursing Alumni Society and will recognize a Ross and Carol Nese College of Nursing graduate actively working in the healthcare field who has impacted the healthcare industry in a profound way, who supports a model of professional practice in their organization through leadership, innovation, strong mentorship, and overall practice. You may include examples of how they overcame adversity, improved care, and increased resources to treatment or prevention while demonstrating Penn State’s values.
- Must be a graduate more than 10 years ago from the Ross and Carol Nese College of Nursing.
- Must have made an impact on the healthcare industry, supports professional practice in their organization through leadership, innovation, strong mentorship, and overall practice.
- Must not be a current board member or officer of the Nursing Alumni Society.
- Must currently be active in the profession.
Submit a nomination
If you wish to submit a nomination, please complete the Nomination Form by Friday, January 19, 2024
Nomination materials must include the following in order to be considered complete:
- Nominee name, email, graduation year, job title, business/organization
- Name and email address of a reference that could discuss the nominee’s qualifications for this award if contacted
- Rationale for the nomination in 500 words or less
- how the nominee has or has the potential to significantly impact the nursing profession
- how the nominee demonstrates exemplary professional practice
- how the nominee demonstrates the ability to advocate on behalf of the nursing profession and in the best interest of the community
- Link to nominee’s LinkedIn profile, if applicable
- Optional: Information supporting the nominee’s outstanding qualities (news articles, research articles, CV/resume, awards, etc.). This is not intended to be a letter of support.
If you have any questions about the nomination process, please email email@example.com.
Nomination Deadline: Friday, January 19, 2024
2022 – Jennifer Wissemann ’20g
2022 – Pamela Harris-Haman ’81