The Emerging Professional Award, established in 2021, will be presented annually by the Penn State Nursing Alumni Society and will recognize a Ross and Carol Nese College of Nursing graduate of the past 10 years who is a registered nurse working in a clinical or academic setting who demonstrates potential to significantly impact the nursing profession. This award recognizes nurses who demonstrate exemplary professional practice and community engagement/advocacy on behalf of the nursing profession and the communities of interest.
- Must be a graduate within the past 10 years of the Ross and Carol Nese College of Nursing.
- Must not be a current board member or officer of the Nursing Alumni Society.
- Must currently be active in the profession.
Submit a nomination
If you wish to nominate submit a nomination, please complete the Nomination Form by Friday, January 19, 2024.
Nomination materials must include the following in order to be considered complete:
- Nominee name, email, graduation year, job title, business/organization
- Name and email address of a reference that could discuss the nominee’s qualifications for this award if contacted
- Rationale for the nomination in 500 words or less
- how the nominee has or has the potential to significantly impact the nursing profession
- how the nominee demonstrates exemplary professional practice
- how the nominee demonstrates the ability to advocate on behalf of the nursing profession and in the best interest of the community
- Link to nominee’s LinkedIn profile, if applicable
- Optional: Information supporting the nominee’s outstanding qualities (news articles, research articles, CV/resume, awards, etc.). This is not intended to be a letter of support.
If you have any questions about the nomination process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nomination Deadline: Friday, January 19, 2024
2023 – Julia Lucas ’17