Below are examples of the Sustainability Council’s past service-projects. Have an idea for a future service-project? Instructions for sharing your idea is at the bottom of this page.
Community Garden Project
Butt Hut Renovation
SUBMIT YOUR OWN PROPOSAL
- The Project Lead must be a full-time faculty member in the College of Nursing.
- The project team must include students enrolled in a Penn State Nursing program.
- Collaborative efforts involving more than one campus are highly encouraged, but not required.
- No funds may be used for salary or travel.
- Project funds should be spent by December. There will be no carry-forward of funds.
- The Project Lead (and team, if desired) will be required to present the project and outcomes at the College of Nursing faculty meeting in spring 2021.
- Proposals should include the following:
- Project Lead
- Collaborating partners (include student representation here)
- Description of the project (500-word max)
- Desired outcome or long-term goal
- Timeline for completion
- Justification of requested funding
- Submit proposals electronically to Darlene Clark (firstname.lastname@example.org) by March 30.
- Proposals will be reviewed by the Sustainability Task Force and Green Team.
- Funding will be based on summary reviews/recommendations. Final awards will be determined by the college’s administrative leadership (dean, associate deans).
- Funds will be made available immediately (by April 30).
Websites for Additional Ideas and Tips
- The Sustainability Institute (SI): sustainability.psu.edu/sustainability-institute
- SI’s Strategic Initiatives plan: sustainability.psu.edu/unit-level-strategic-planning
- Field Guide to Teaching Sustainability: sustainability.psu.edu/learn/faculty-staff/field- guide-teaching-sustainability