|Date Closing:||open until filled|
The Ross and Carol Nese College of Nursing is seeking an Information Technology (IT) Manager to supervise the College’s IT unit thereby supporting the College’s instruction, research, and outreach missions. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Function as liaison/project manager between Simulation Lab Managers at University Park and 6 Commonwealth campuses with Nursing Simulation Labs and our external IT vendors to provide the latest clinical preparation education experience for all Penn State BSN Nursing Students.
- Develop relationships with designated vendors, and trade or industry organizations as is necessary to the desirable or best interest of the unit and University.
- Oversee all college IT functions including maintaining and replacing equipment, software, and infrastructure.
- Represent the College on university IT committees and workgroups.
- Supervise the IT Help Desk.
- Maintain College data security in accordance with Penn State Policies and by FERPA and HIPA laws when applicable.
- Advise the College’s leadership, faculty, and researchers on best IT practices.
- Responsible for the College’s IT continuity plan which is a component of the College’s Emergency Management Plan.
- Exercise established expenditure authorization while exercising excellent stewardship of limited resources.
- Provide information or make recommendations on expenditures.
- Review vendor responses, make recommendations, and participate in the selection process.
- Recommend changes in operational procedures when determined to be in the best interest of the College based on broad perspective.
- Assist the College’s senior leaders in overseeing adherence to university policies and procedures and training others in administration of such policies and procedures.
- Evaluate and recommend adoption of new or enhanced approaches to delivering services.
- Support diversity through hiring, retention, and promotion activities.
This position typically requires a bachelor’s degree or higher plus 4 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
The following background checks must be successfully completed for this position:
This position will require successful completion of standard background checks.
The Pennsylvania State University is committed to and accountable for advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in all of its forms. We embrace individual uniqueness, foster a culture of inclusive excellence that supports both broad and specific diversity initiatives, leverage the educational and institutional benefits of diversity, and engage all individuals to help them thrive. We value inclusive excellence as a core strength and an essential element of our public service mission.
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS:
Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act and the Pennsylvania Act of 1988, Penn State publishes a combined Annual Security and Annual Fire Safety Report (ASR). The ASR includes crime statistics and institutional policies concerning campus security, such as those concerning alcohol and drug use, crime prevention, the reporting of crimes, sexual assault, and other matters. The ASR is available for review here.
Employment with the University will require successful completion of background check(s) in accordance with University policies.
EEO IS THE LAW
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applications without regards to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please contact 814-865-1473.
Penn State is committed to the health of our local and global communities. As a condition of employment, all employees are required to comply with COVID-19 vaccination or testing requirements. Click on Penn State Covid-19 Vaccination or Testing Requirements to learn about the requirements as well as general COVID-19 information at Penn State.
University Park, PA