|Date Closing:||open until filled|
CGNE Postdoctoral Fellowship Opportunity with the Tressa Nese and Helen Diskevich Center of Geriatric Nursing Excellence at Penn State’s Ross and Carol Nese College of Nursing
Penn State’s Ross and Carol Nese College of Nursing seeks applicants for the Tressa Nese and Helen Diskevich Center of Geriatric Nursing Excellence’s (CGNE) Postdoctoral Fellowship.
At CGNE, we believe every older adult deserves the highest quality of evidence-based care that respects individual gals and preferences. Our center is part of the Nese college of Nursing, one of the largest educators of pre-licensure students in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, with over 2,000 undergraduate and graduate students on 13 campuses. Together, we are positioned to lead the next generation of nurses and nurse scientists while enhancing the health of all people through quality care and education.
Preference for the CGNE Postdoctoral Fellowship will be given to applicants with research interests related to topics of aging including age-friendly care, care of persons living with dementia, well-being and efficacy of care partners, cognitive impairment, delirium, stigma related to aging and dementia, workforce preparation and support, and person-centered care, as well as other aging-related topics aligned with the CGNE mission and research portfolios of faculty in the center.
Successful fellowship candidates will be paired with faculty mentors based on a shared area of focus and interest. Fellows will work directly on research projects of CGNE-affiliated faculty, pursue independent research activities in line with their developing program of research, and engage in professional development opportunities across Penn State. All fellows are funded for two years contingent on progress in achieving first-year goals.
For more information about CGNE, please visit nursing.psu.edu/cgne/ where you will find information about our vision, mission, and faculty, as well as links to our annual report.
- PhD prepared nurses (or related field) within two years of degree completion preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to scholarship in aging, geriatrics and/or gerontology.
- Applicant’s area of interest must be aligned with at least one CGNE faculty mentor. (https://www.nursing.psu.edu/cgne/areas-of-expertise/)
- Evidence of scholarly productivity including research-based publications and excellent dissemination skills (oral and written).
- Candidates for this position should demonstrate strong motivation to develop an independent research career.
- Fellowships open to eligible U.S. citizens and international applicants. Applicants from groups underrepresented in the nursing profession are encouraged to apply.
Please submit the following materials in a single PDF document. Applicants should provide:
- Cover Letter and Table of Contents
- Current CV with contact information included.
- One-two page research statement including goals for program of research over the next 5 years.
- One-two page personal statement describing: goals for the CGNE postdoc fellowship, interest in expanding or learning new research skills, how interests align with CGNE and CON, identified primary mentor and alignment with their program of research.
- Copy of one published article.
- Two letters of recommendation. One of these letters must be from the identified primary mentor at Penn State and include justification for the proposed fellowship. All letters should be sent via email directly from the recommender (not from the applicant) and should speak to the applicant’s scholarly abilities, areas for growth and future potential.
Questions related to the postdoctoral fellowship opportunity should be directed to
Donna Marie Fick, PhD, RN, GCNS-BC, FGSA, FAAN
Elouise Ross Eberly Endowed Professor
Penn State Ross and Carol Nese College of Nursing
Director, Tressa Nese and Helen Diskevich Center of Geriatric Nursing Excellence
Questions related to logistics of application procedures should be emailed to
Janice Whitaker, M.Ed., B.S.N., RN, CDP
CGNE Administrator and Community Liaison
Tressa Nese and Helen Diskevich Center of Geriatric Nursing Excellence
Penn State Ross and Carol Nese College of Nursing
The completed application package for the CGNE Post-doctoral Fellowship should be submitted via the Careers Page in Workday on the Penn State website. The search committee will receive all applications and candidates will be notified if they are selected for an interview.
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS:
Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act and the Pennsylvania Act of 1988, Penn State publishes a combined Annual Security and Annual Fire Safety Report (ASR). The ASR includes crime statistics and institutional policies concerning campus security, such as those concerning alcohol and drug use, crime prevention, the reporting of crimes, sexual assault, and other matters. The ASR is available for review here.
Employment with the University will require successful completion of background check(s) in accordance with University policies.
EEO IS THE LAW
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applications without regards to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please contact 814-865-1473.
Penn State is committed to the health of our local and global communities. As a condition of employment, all employees are required to comply with COVID-19 vaccination or testing requirements. Click on Penn State Covid-19 Vaccination or Testing Requirements to learn about the requirements as well as general COVID-19 information at Penn State.
University Park, PA