|Date Closing:||open until filled|
As Penn State continues a record-setting campaign, A Greater Penn State for 21st Century Excellence, an Alumni Relations and Stewardship Officer 1 is needed to support the Division of Development and Alumni Relations at the Ross and Carol Nese College of Nursing. This position will work with the Director of Development and the Assistant Director of Alumni Relations with executing the unit fundraising plan and activities. A hybrid work schedule of remote/in person is approved for this position.
The Pennsylvania State University is committed to and accountable for advancing diversity, equity, inclusion, and sustainability in all of its forms. We embrace individual uniqueness, foster a culture of inclusion that supports both broad and specific diversity initiatives, leverage the educational and institutional benefits of diversity in society and nature, and engage all individuals to help them thrive. We value inclusion as a core strength and an essential element of our public service mission.
The primary purpose of this position is to support the goals of the development and alumni relations office in the Ross and Carol Nese College of Nursing by implementing a myriad of tasks for effective general operations and assisting with an array of development and donor stewardship functions. Focus will be in the areas of donor stewardship, event planning, generating gift and prospect reports, maintaining office records and files, preparing Director of Development and Dean or other faculty for meetings with donors, tracking office budget, processing gifts, grants, and expense reports, organizing small mailings, providing administrative support for the Dean’s Advisory and Development Council, the Alumni Society Board, and the Director of Development, performing as part of the unit team, and responding to routine requests.
Alumni Relations and Stewardship:
- Track gift acknowledgement tasks, drafting gift acknowledgement letters, and insuring that the unit’s thank you letters are generated, signed, and mailed no more than two weeks after the gift shows up on the eDDs report.
- Manage endowment tasks such as setting up endowments in eSteward, monitoring account spending, and completing action items. Prepare endowment fund packages for donors (working with student recipients to personalize packages). Send birthday cards each month to individuals on the Friends of Nursing list. Collaborate with marketing and communications team on annual holiday card and assist with the production of the bi-annual college magazine. Serve as one of the unit’s liaisons to the donor stewardship group in central development and seek out best stewardship practices that will serve to increase donor satisfaction moving forward. Track and report on endowment fund balances on a quarterly basis and initiate a review of the Gift Matrix at least annually at the beginning of each fiscal year (July 1).
- Serve as lead planner for various development and stewardship events throughout the year, including but not limited to: Meet the Dean regional events, stewardship events, events at conferences such as the American Academy of Nursing to celebrate faculty or alumni who have been inducted as fellows. Including working with Ross and Carol Nese College of Nursing marketing and communications staff to develop printed invitations or graphics; entering event into registration management system to collect RSVPs, working independently with on-site contacts at venues to arrange for event space, food, beverages; Order flowers and giveaways as necessary; and prepare information on guests for the Director of Development (DoD) and Dean.
- Processing checks using GRT or Credit Card Information Sheet, and working with the Office of Foundation Relations to insure that non-governmental research grants are reflected in the AWA system. Primary liaison to Donor Services regarding booked gifts in question, pledge reminders, and establishing new gift allocations/codes. Work with the Ross and Carol Nese College of Nursing finance office and DoD to evaluate yearly expenditures and submit a budget request for the new fiscal year. Track assigned expenses for the unit’s budget and process all expenses for the DoD and for assigned expense categories through out the year.
- Assist with goal setting, generating queries and reports as requested, updating donor records in AWA (Advanced Web), coding interest groups in AWA, entering solicitation requests and guideline requests, providing assistance in planning for prospect and donor visits/travel, maintain Friends of Nursing list, assist DoD with updates to prospect portfolio. Entering and track football and other sporting events requests and will help to implement special requests from our unit’s guests for these activities. Provide support for the Assistant Director of Alumni Relations as needed. Attend Development Assistant brown bags to gain insights into helpful tools and strategies that can be implemented for the unit.
TYPICAL EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
This position typically requires a bachelor’s degree or higher or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Familiarity with software’s/programs such as or similar to: Outlook, e-Steward, IBM Notes, GuideLion, CVENT event management system, AWA (Advanced Web), Docfinity, eDDS reporting system, ABI, Microsoft Office Suite, Internet and Intranet, is highly desired. The ability to successfully interface with donor services, prospect research, gift planning, and staff at other units across the university will be necessary
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS:
Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act and the Pennsylvania Act of 1988, Penn State publishes a combined Annual Security and Annual Fire Safety Report (ASR). The ASR includes crime statistics and institutional policies concerning campus security, such as those concerning alcohol and drug use, crime prevention, the reporting of crimes, sexual assault, and other matters. The ASR is available for review here.
Employment with the University will require successful completion of background check(s) in accordance with University policies.
EEO IS THE LAW
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applications without regards to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please contact 814-865-1473.
Penn State is committed to the health of our local and global communities. As a condition of employment, all employees are required to comply with COVID-19 vaccination or testing requirements. Click on Penn State Covid-19 Vaccination or Testing Requirements to learn about the requirements as well as general COVID-19 information at Penn State.
University Park, PA