|Date Closing:||open until filled|
Penn State Harrisburg (PSH), the Capital College of Penn State University, seeks applicants for a non-tenure line teaching position at the rank of Instructor or Assistant Teaching Professor in Nursing. This position is a full-time, limited-term, 36-weeks appointment starting in Spring 2023.
Coordination and instruction in obstetrics and adult medical-surgical nursing courses, including classroom and clinical teaching.
In addition to teaching, responsibilities include advising students, participating in committees, and other service and scholarly activities as appropriate.
Show evidence of professional growth, scholarship, and mastery of obstetrics and medical surgical subject matter.
- Candidates for the position will possess at a minimum a master’s degree in Nursing and eligibility for RN licensure in Pennsylvania.
- Individuals with a master’s degree will be considered at the rank of instructor, and individuals with a doctoral degree (e.g., DNP, PhD) will be considered at the rank of assistant teaching professor.
- An earned doctorate degree will be a condition of continued employment after the fifth year for a candidate hired as an instructor.
- Hold a valid nursing license, and be eligible for RN licensure in Pennsylvania.
- A lecturer or instructor should possess at least a master’s degree or its equivalent, or be an active candidate for a terminal degree, in an academic field related to their teaching specialization.
- The assistant teaching professor should possess a terminal degree or its equivalent in an academic field related to his/her teaching specialization; alternatively, the assistant teaching professor without a terminal degree should possess at least a master’s degree or its equivalent in an academic field related to their teaching specialization; must have demonstrated ability as a teacher and adviser; and must have shown evidence of professional growth, scholarship, and/or mastery of subject matter.
To be considered, candidates must apply electronically on the Penn State job site at https://hr.psu.edu/careers and submit the following:
- Cover letter of application specifically detailing relevant qualifications for the position
- Current curriculum vitae
- Names and contact information for three professional references.
Employment with the University will require successful completion of background check(s) by University policies.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Questions can be directed to Dr. Lisa Albert, Assistant Teaching Professor of Nursing and Campus Coordinator of the Nursing Second-Degree Program, at email@example.com.
Penn State Harrisburg is located in Middletown, near the city of Harrisburg, the state capital of Pennsylvania. The college is easily accessible via interstate and rail routes from Baltimore, Philadelphia, Washington DC, and New York. Penn State Harrisburg has an enrollment of approximately 5,000 students, including a broad, diverse, and non-traditional population, and brings nationally accredited academic programs, award-winning faculty, and the resources of a world-class research university to Pennsylvania’s Capital Region. The College offers students the opportunity to earn baccalaureate degrees in 39 academic majors. As a graduate center, the College offers 28 master’s degrees and 2 doctoral degree programs.
The Penn State Ross and Carol Nese College of Nursing is one of the country’s most comprehensive colleges of nursing in any public university. With over 2,100 undergraduate students and approximately 200 graduate students, the Ross and Carol Nese College of Nursing footprint are worldwide with our faculty creating immeasurable experiences for our students around the globe.
The academic home of the Bachelor of Science in Nursing Second-Degree Program is the Ross and Carol Nese College of Nursing, and the program at Penn State Harrisburg is housed in the School of Behavioral Sciences and Education. To learn more about the Bachelor of Science in Nursing Second-Degree Program at Penn State Harrisburg, the School of Behavioral Sciences and Education, and the Ross and Carol Nese College of Nursing, please visit http://harrisburg.psu.edu, https://harrisburg.psu.edu/behavioral-sciences-and-education, and https://www.nursing.psu.edu.
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS:
Under the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act and the Pennsylvania Act of 1988, Penn State publishes a combined Annual Security and Annual Fire Safety Report (ASR). The ASR includes crime statistics and institutional policies concerning campus security, such as those concerning alcohol and drug use, crime prevention, the reporting of crimes, sexual assault, and other matters. The ASR is available for review here.
The Pennsylvania State University is committed to and accountable for advancing diversity, equity, inclusion, and sustainability in all of its forms. We embrace individual uniqueness, foster a culture of inclusion that supports both broad and specific diversity initiatives, leverage the educational and institutional benefits of diversity in society and nature, and engage all individuals to help them thrive. We value inclusion as a core strength and an essential element of our public service mission.
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS:
Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act and the Pennsylvania Act of 1988, Penn State publishes a combined Annual Security and Annual Fire Safety Report (ASR). The ASR includes crime statistics and institutional policies concerning campus security, such as those concerning alcohol and drug use, crime prevention, the reporting of crimes, sexual assault, and other matters. The ASR is available for review here.
Employment with the University will require successful completion of background check(s) in accordance with University policies.
EEO IS THE LAW
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applications without regards to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please contact 814-865-1473.
Penn State is committed to the health of our local and global communities. As a condition of employment, all employees are required to comply with COVID-19 vaccination or testing requirements. Click on Penn State Covid-19 Vaccination or Testing Requirements to learn about the requirements as well as general COVID-19 information at Penn State.
Penn State Harrisburg, PA
University Park, PA