Nursing students participate in approximately 900 hours of diverse and educationally rewarding clinical experiences (click on the clinical site links). Nursing students admitted to University Park spend one year (either junior or senior year) at the Hershey Medical Center campus (see the Student Handbook for exceptions to this policy). Clinical facilities are located within a 50-mile radius of University Park or Hershey. Travel to and from clinical facilities is the student’s responsibility so the use of a vehicle is expected.
B.S.N. Clinical Sites
The Meadows Psychiatric Center
132 The Meadows Dr.
Centre Hall, 16828
364-2161 or 1-800-641-7529
- The Meadows is a 117-bed acute inpatient psychiatric facility for children age four through older adults. The Assessment and Referral Center is staffed 24/7 by intake counselors who can evaluate individual needs and provide assistance at no cost to the individual. Patients who require emergency admission are served in separate units according to age: Children, Adolescent, Adult, and Adult Stabilization Units. Units are staffed 24/7 with nursing and mental health technicians to meet patient needs. Discharge is coordinated with continuing care providers and taps into a person’s support system to promote mental health wellness and recovery. Nursing 420 students have experience in all the inpatient units.
Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
- Founded in 1952 by the Mennonite and Amish who were the original COs during the war
- Nonteaching hospital
- 91 Beds- inpatient
- 60 beds- residential
- Residential services for:
- Partial hospital and comprehensive outpatient services are also offered.
- N420 students have experiences on all the inpatient units and the partial program.