Hartford Nursing Journal Club
We offer our audio/video-conferenced journal club for nursing CE credit three times per year, from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at multiple regional sites. To inquire about attending the club via one of these sites, please contact the Penn State Hartford Center’s project administrator.
To provide a forum for discussion of current research in gerontology and its application to a variety of clinical practice settings.
- Introduction and overview of the research article being reviewed
- Facilitated group discussion of the article, via audio- and/or video-conferenced technology
- Summary of the implications of the study for clinical practice and future research
Sample Questions for Guided Discussion
- What was the purpose of this study?
- What was the study design? What are the strengths and limitations of such a research design? What alternative designs could be considered for this research?
- What are some of the factors to consider when comparing the costs and benefits of this intervention specifically for older adults?
- What are the findings of the study? How are these findings interpreted by the researchers?
- How might this study be adapted to alternative clinical settings?
- What implications do you think this study has for current practice and future research in geriatric nursing?
- Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania
- Eagleville Hospital
- Geisinger Medical Center
- Guthrie Healthcare System
- HealthSouth Nittany Valley Rehabilitation Hospital
- Jersey Shore Hospital
- MGH Institute of Health Professions
- Mid-Valley Hospital
- Mount Nittany Medical Center
- Muncy Valley Hospital
- Penn State College of Nursing
- Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
- University of Virginia
- UPMC Altoona
- Veterans Administration Viera (Florida) Outpatient Clinic
- Williamsport Regional Medical Center