Select Page

World Campus doctoral nursing student graduates with fourth Penn State degree

UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa. — For Allyson Favuzza, one Penn State degree wasn’t enough.

Favuzza will receive her doctor of nursing practice degree this weekend, her fourth degree from Penn State in 10 years.

Favuzza, 27, earned her doctoral degree online through Penn State World Campus. She also has an associate’s degree, a bachelor’s degree and a master of science degree in nursing from Penn State.

“I guess I have a little bit of loyalty!” she said, laughing.

Favuzza earned all of her degrees while going to school full time and working full time. For the past two years, she has run a health center based in a Scranton middle school.

“I really love what I do,” she said, explaining how she stayed motivated during the long journey to her doctorate. “It’s what keeps me going.”

As director of youth services for the Scranton-based Wright Center for Graduate Medical Education, Favuzza helped set up the school-based health center, which is open to students and staff at the school and to the outside community. The clinic, which is funded by a federal grant from the federal Health Resources and Services Administration, is part of a national initiative to help increase access to health care.

“Having that access right in the school really makes all the difference,” Favuzza said…