Select Page

Dear Fellow Alumni,

As I sit here writing this, it’s hard to believe that this is my final one as president of the Alumni Society.  I am so proud of the work that we have been able to accomplish over the past year and a half.  I have been fortunate to work with such an accomplished, engaged, and energetic group of men and women who represent the alumni of the College of Nursing.

There are some great upcoming events that I would like to bring to your attention.

• THON, 2018 will be February 16-18. Please consider supporting our SNAP dancers.
  • This year’s Pink Zone Lady Lion Basketball game which is co-sponsored by the Penn State Colleges of Nursing and Health and Human Development, will be Sunday, February 25. If you plan to attend, please join us for a pre-game reception at the BJC.
  • April 6-8. We have some great events planned including a panel discussion on the opioid crisis.  This is a great chance for you to spend a weekend with fellow nursing alumni and maybe even catch up with some old friends.
  • This summer the College of nursing will be participating in We Are Weekend and will be collaborating with the College of Medicine doing screenings in the nursing simulation lab. There are some great events planned for the entire weekend, so please plan to join us June 1-3.

If you would like any more information about any of these events or if you are interested in learning more about serving on the College of Nursing’s Alumni Society Board, please contact Kim Woodward at  All board members need to be current members of the Penn State Alumni Association.  Not a member?  Visit the Penn State Alumni Association’s web site to join:

It has been such an honor for me to represent my fellow Alumni as President of the College of Nursing’s Alumni Society. I am so grateful to have had this opportunity.

For the Glory!

Wendy Edgar, ‘93